The first one, from my father, but chosen by my daughter said
You know you're getting older when
Thanks Dad, and Mrs Nomad.
- Your shoes get more and more sensible
- You don't tick the first age group box in questionnaires
- You'll pay anything for a pot of anti-wrinkle cream
- Your mirror refuses to lie
- Your natural hair colour is only available in a bottle
- You can put weight on just thinking about chocolate
- Hangovers last 3 days
- By the time you're ready to go out, it's time to come home again
The second card was from my son and said
Mum had just read so much about the terrible effects of both chocolate and alcohol that she immediately decided to give up reading.Thanks Son.
I share my birthday with Chatterbox, so on Sunday we all went out for lunch. I had asked the restaurant to arrange a birthday cake, which they did. At the appropriate moment, ALL the waiting staff processed through, with one of the waiters carrying a cake with a huge sparkler and they were all singing Happy Birthday and then almost all the diners joined in too. How to embarrass a 12 year old.