Sunday 20 July 2014

So, what's my excuse ....

... this time for being absent from the blogiverse?

Well, last weekend I went down south to stay with my son's family for Mr D's 8th birthday.  We had a good weekend, but I must confess that pizza, birthday cake, chocolate brownies and cheese sandwiches did not do my diet any good!


When I got home I found that my father was not well, and Mr Fixit and I had to help him to bed.  He had a pain in his chest, and could not stand up or walk.  This happened about 10 days earlier too, but that time he fell and couldn't get up.  We called an ambulance that time who took him to hospital where he was kept overnight but they weren't sure if it was a heart attack or not.  This time, I called the doctor out.  It is still unclear what the problem was, but it was possible that he'd had a heart attack, but it was by no means clear.  Anyway, long story short, Dad has been in bed all week with the doctor coming in every day.  The doc now thinks he has had a virus or an infection of some sort.  I've been going in and checking on him, making sure he is drinking water, etc, all week.  Yesterday he felt better and got up for a short time, and Mrs Nomad cooked him some pasta and a light sauce, and he managed to eat some, so she is now taking credit for the fact that today he managed to get up and come downstairs, He is obviously on the road to recovery now thank goodness, but still needs a lot of looking after, so that's why I've been quiet again.

16 comments:

  1. I am glad he is doing better. Life takes a curve sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best of excuses. I hope your Dad gets better. Take care of yourself and Mr. Fixit, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope he doesn't have another episode like that! Hope they drew some blood for cardiac enzymes. Those are stressful, scary times for everyone, blogging can wait! Good Job Mrs. Nomad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh so sorry to hear this Sue!! I hope he has a full recovery and you get back into that sewing room...where you belong!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taking care of loved ones trumps this blogging business every time. Take care of yourself, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a doctor that makes house calls! That would be a rarity here. I hope your father is soon up and about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your Dad is on the mend and give him some huggles from us. I'm with Karen above, "house calls", they were phased out here a long time ago. All take care and we understand that your family comes first.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry to hear that your Dad was ill. I hope he is healing up and still feeling better. A doctor that came to your house! Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope your dad feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope your dad feels better soon. Sometimes life gets into the way, but those are the most important reasons for now sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wishing a speedy recovery to your Dad Sue, good to hear he has got up and eating, a good Dr you have to come every day and much nicer for Dad to be cared for at home rather than hospital where he could have picked up some bug or other.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh sweetie, big worry for you :{ I was going to call/Skype you this week for a catch up but I'll wait until it's convenient to you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad to hear your dad is feeling better Sue. I was worried about both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad that your dad is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do hope your daddy gets better and better. Poor thing being ill for a week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good to know you dad is on the mend, Sue and that it wasn't a heart attack. I'm sure he appreciates you coming in all week to check on his well-being. Hope you get back to sewing soon!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so please do leave them and wherever possible I will reply to you by email.

09 10