Wednesday 9 December 2015

It's definitely ...

... Christmas in my house, look

and here is my first Christmas present of the year.
Isn't he gorgeous? This cute little snowman was made for me by Scrappy. I really love him and it makes me realise that I must learn how to machine applique soon.

Meanwhile, because Dad's been very ill, I've been spending a lot of time sitting with him, so my lovely new sewing machine is not being used very much at the moment, but I have managed to do a some hand sewing at the same time. 
There will be three little redwork squares made into a small wall hanging. Mrs Nomad saw this and asked if I'd make it for her for Christmas. Fortunately she didn't specify which Christmas cos so far I've only got this square complete and half of the next one! 

My gift to Scrappy was only finished at the last minute. She and Mr Scrappy were coming visiting last Sunday and it was the last time we'll be able to get together before Christmas and Saturday evening at 9pm saw me putting the last stitch into my gift to her, and I know she was also doing last minute sewing. 

Hmm, maybe next year I need to restart the Christmas Quiltalongs? What do you think? Who'd be with me?

11 comments:

  1. Love the new header by the way. I haven't even decorated the house yet. - busy quilting for others so they have their gifts done. I would love another QAL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your decorating is more strenuous than mine. Ceramic tree, and a wreath purchased at the VFW. We are done. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not yet done any decorating, been too busy and not having family coming this year, I'm not sure about putting up the tree. Sending you and your Dad lots of huggles. I'd be in another QAL if you do. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good grief we need to do something! All I've managed to do since Halloween is cook, clean, move furniture,run around with kids, drool over patterns and scrounge around to pull all of my Christmas fabric together and sort it into like minded storage boxes. Good news, the tree is up! Not sure how much more we will get done. Take care of you, so that you can tend to Dad! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good grief we need to do something! All I've managed to do since Halloween is cook, clean, move furniture,run around with kids, drool over patterns and scrounge around to pull all of my Christmas fabric together and sort it into like minded storage boxes. Good news, the tree is up! Not sure how much more we will get done. Take care of you, so that you can tend to Dad! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the window area you have the tree in. Not a square corner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry to read your Dad is so poorly Sue, do hope he is feeling a bit better now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas to you and your family! I hope that your Dad is better soon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. pretty tree and cute quilt and red work -
    merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done, you have achieved far more than me. Very sorry to hear about Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tree looks beautiful! Nice that you and Scrappy are having a visit and an exchange. Love the snowman block and your redwork is wonderful! Sorry to hear about your Dad. Sending hugs...

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so please do leave them and wherever possible I will reply to you by email.

09 10