Friday 29 January 2016

Happy dancing ...

... is going on over here at QuiltTimes Mansion. I've been practising quilting with rulers as you know from my previous posts, and this is my latest effort.
When I bought the special foot, it came with one ruler, but the company had also put together a "sampler" package which I treated myself to. While I was waiting for them to arrive I spent hours watching videos on their site and also found one or two others on YouTube so once I had all these goodies in my hands I couldn't wait to have a go. After a couple of days of just trying things, I felt ready to really push my luck, so, I made up a quilt sandwich about 18" square and this is what I came up with. It may not be perfect, but I'm happy. 

Not bad considering I've only had the foot and rulers for 7 days.  

(Mind you, when I proudly showed it to Mr Fixit, he looked at it and said, hmm, it's OK but what's it going to be? After I counted to 10 I explained the "practice, practice, practice" idea to him.)

Now I'm off to sew some poor little orphan blocks together so I can get quilting on them.

14 comments:

  1. Awe men just don't understand, he is mr fixit which means everything should have a purpose. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been watching your progress with the rulers and I am impressed. You are doing a great job! What kind of machine are you using? Do the rulers work with any domestic machine?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy dancing for you-that looks 'sew' good Sue! My DH doesn't always get it either, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! I can see you doing the happy dance from here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for you, it's looking wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That reminds me of my daughter's comment made about a practice piece I brought back from Salt Lake with me. "What IS this? It doesn't look like something YOU'D do!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow looks great.
    Men just don't get it do they..lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job, especially for only 7 days!!! Mercy, it would make a great wall hanging!! Or you can keep making more this size and make a bunch of placemats!!! That should make Mr. Fixit happy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Practice has paid off this is looking good, hope you will bring some with you to YMQG for us to have a good look at, maybe even the rulers to have a peep at

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, well done, that looks brilliant :-} If it makes Mr Fixit feel better, you could use that panel as the back of a pretty quilted cushion?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely fabulous. My domestic and I don't have a good time with quilting, but I love her for piecing. I'll stick with my long arm for quilting. The back of a cushion Jayne? It would make a lovely front. Take care and happy practice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's really coming on!
    I intend making some blocks up for Little Island quilts to practice different quilting techniques.
    http://littleislandquilting.blogspot.co.uk/p/giving-back.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not bad at all...excited for you

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so please do leave them and wherever possible I will reply to you by email.

09 10