Thursday 18 August 2016

We're in training ...

... Scrappy and I have decided to take a leaf out of the Olympic contestants' books, so we're now officially in training. It's going to require a lot of hard work, and great personal sacrifices while we aspire to become Ladies Who Lunch! We started today by going out for posh coffee instead of making our own. In a couple of weeks, we are off for some luxury spa treatments, plus lunch out. See, I told you it's going to be tough, but hey, we can cope.

After a slow start, we did also do some quilting. Scrappy finished piecing this quilt
and cut the backing and the wadding, and I finished off the binding on my YMQG Challenge quilt. Since this quilt is due to be displayed at our meeting in December, I can't help feeling a teeny bit smug about having finished, and I thought you might like a sneak-peek at it, so here it is.

6 comments:

  1. Is that really training? Lucky you two. Love the blue quilt, but the second, aaah! (giggle). Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope some medals, gold, silver or bronze, are in your future. Scrappy's quilt looks super and I like the binding on yours:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha....that sounds like my kind of Olympic training!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I know you can handle all the suffering the training will cause you, LOL Scrappy's quilt is gorgeous. I like what I see of yours, can't wait to see the big reveal!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your training plan. Go for the gold!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the blue scrappy quilt, it looks like stained glass.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so please do leave them and wherever possible I will reply to you by email.

09 10