Tuesday 28 July 2015

Bertha's been a busy bee ...

... she's also been a pain in the you-know-where, and kept having tension hissy-fits.  I've taken the tension thingies apart several times, cleaned and oiled everything I can get to, changed the bobbin, changed the top thread, changed the needle and even tried swearing at her, all to no avail, so, tomorrow Mr Fixit is going to take her apart to see if he can see a problem.

Anyway, this is what we've been doing.  Do you remember a few posts back I showed you a quilt that Scrappy and I had made together as a charity quilt?  We both loved the pattern so we decided to each make another one.

This is Scrappy's version.  I quilted it with a pale pink thread, and think it looks great.











and this is mine.  I love how we both used different layouts, and they are also both different to the original version we made.










Here's a close-up of mine, showing the quilting that I did in pale yellow thread.










Finally, this is another charity quilt and I used a quilting design that I think is fantastic as it gives a 3-D effect to the quilt.










All-in-all, I'm feeling quite smug that I finished these, despite Bertha's attempts to put the kybosh on it all.

13 comments:

  1. Love your quilts, I am having tension issues with mine as well....no fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bertha does a good job and so does her driver. I like the circle desgn. They all look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the delectable mountains pattern and your two versions look great. But the quilting on the modern quilt (nice colours and pattern) is amazing, it really does give it a 3D effect! Hope all the tension problems go away soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought Bertha had been quiet lately, but all the quilts look great. Tension issues can be a pain. Mine at the moment is more a bobbin winding issue, I think we must have disturbed something when we moved. May I ask, what charity they are to go to? Enjoy the rest of the week and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are all great finishes. I LOVE the quilting on the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look loverly Your Royal Smugness! I especially like the wavy 3 Demensional design on the last one...and the blue & green together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope Mr. Fixit can get Bertha out of her naughty faze. I love all the quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great quilts, and love your quilting. I don't have a fancy quilting machine but I can relate to the tension problems every time I start a new project. UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  9. both delectable mountains are looking great,and the other quilt is very nice too. Hope Bertha gets fixed soon. Are you going to FOQ, I will be there friday and saturday all being well

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bertha just has to get used to working again Sue!! Love them all but the last one is wonderful with it's movement!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look super, especially like the third one. Could you please ask Bertha to send some Magic Inspiration Dust to Millie and perhaps I might get somewhere with my quilting backlog?

    ReplyDelete
  12. hahaha - Good laugh on me, at first I thought Bertha was a real person. Wonderful quilting - you know I have to look at that first. I love the your use of colored thread. And I love the quilts too. I can't believe how the quilting on the last quilt makes it look so wavey.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the quilt with the pinks. Would be a good one for a girl.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so please do leave them and wherever possible I will reply to you by email.

09 10