Sadly it is the last day of our tour today. We are off to Yorkshire to visit QuiltHaze, and she has the last copy of Pick Four to give away.
QuiltHaze is a very talented quilt artist, and I'm sure you will enjoy meeting her and seeing some of her work. She is also about to embark on a new venture as a quilt teacher, and I would like to wish her luck in that - I know she'll be fabulous.
Now, while we take the last journey of our trip, I'd like to tell you something about Yorkshire.
- Famous novelists such as J B Priestley, Alan Bennett and Barbara Taylor Bradford all come from Yorkshire.
- James Herriot wrote about his experiences as a Yorkshire vet, in All Creatures Great and Small, which later became a very popular TV series. In the books, he was based in Darrowby, which is actually the town of Thirsk.
- Two well known sculptors, Henry Moore and Barbara Hepworth and the painter David Hockney all came from this area.
- Yorkshire is famed as the home of the brass band, one of the most noteable being the Black Dyke Brass Band.
- Yorkshire pudding is probably the best known Yorkshire food. It is usually eaten with roast beef and vegetables as part of the traditional Sunday roast dinner.
I'd just like to finish by showing our tour itinerary again, so that you can revisit any of our previous hosts and don't forget that some of them still have the giveaway open.
- Wed 24 Aug - Hazel's Quilts (giveaway won by Janet)
- Thurs 25 Aug - Quilt Hollow (giveaway won by Kristen)
- Fri 26 Aug - Silver Thimble (giveaway won by Grendelskin)
- Saturday - Magnolia Bay Quilts (giveaway won by Happy Cottage Quilter)
- Sun 28 Aug - Bejewelled Quilts by Barb (giveaway won by Linda TN)
- Mon 29 Aug - Insights from SewCalGal (giveaway open until Sun 4 Sep)
- Tues 30 Aug - Sew'n Wild Oaks (giveaway open until Sat 3 Sep)
- Wed 31 Aug - Sweet P Quilting (giveaway open until Sat 3 Sep)
- Today - Quilting Prolifically (giveaway open until Sun 4 Sep)
- Today - Cotton Cocktails