Saturday 11 February 2012

Christmas QAL - post 3

Want to hear a funny story?

A couple of days ago, my friend QuiltHaze and I went fabric shopping.  We were more than happy to find that the shop we went to had some fabrics at £5/metre (in the UK we are now paying £10-12/metre usually, which is about $15-19).  As you can imagine, we fell on them.  I had found the fabrics I wanted, and then I saw this emerald green that I'm using, and just fell in love with it, so I had to buy that too.  It was only that evening when I was putting them away that I realised that it exactly matched the sweater I had been wearing all day.  I think I must really like the colour don't you?

5 comments:

  1. Emerald green is a fab color.... and fabric ON SALE is wonderful find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of those funny life things that makes you wonder. Cotton has become very pricey here as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Er - I have been known to buy jumpers or tshirts which are an exact replica of the colour of another that I have in the wardrobe. How many mustard colour or terracotta V-necks does one person need?

    ReplyDelete
  4. When it's right it's perfect! I can't believe the price you have to pay for fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do...buy more fabric just because!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so please do leave them and wherever possible I will reply to you by email.

09 10