I have decided. I have found that for me, Bloglovin is more convenient for various reasons and here are my conclusions:
- It was very easy to transfer the information from Google Reader, but I did lose the groups I had things sorted into although it was very easy to put things back into the groups I had used before
- I liked that I could click on a post and comment on it from within Bloglovin, rather than having to go to the actual blog to leave a comment
- When I had read a post it was greyed out, which made it very easy to see my list and see what I had/had not read
- It was easy to mark an individual post or a complete blog as read
- I found the whole site easy to navigate
- I love the option to have a daily email showing the new posts
- It was easy to transfer the information and it kept the groups
- I did not find the site so easy to navigate, although once I worked it out I liked the layout options
So there you have it. I promised several people that I would post my thoughts (only about these 2 sites, nothing else!) Now for the small print: These are only my thoughts and conclusions, someone else might think completely differently about the whole subject.
So, having made my decision, I have now put one of Bloglovin's cute little buttons at the top of my sidebar to make it really easy for anyone who wants to, to follow me this way. It looks like this,
and all you have to do is click on it, so go on, you know you want to!
There has also been some confusion about whether you will loose your blog if you don't sign up to one of these readers. As far as I know, that won't happen, although I am now seeing vague suggestions that our follower lists might disappear, which is why I have put this button on the blog. I am not sure if my followers will disappear into thin air or not, but I would hate to lose someone, so I thought this might help.