Friday 9 August 2013

It was a busy day ...

... for some!  A couple of days ago, as I told you yesterday, my friends J & F came over for a day of sewing, eating and chatting (and not necessarily in that order) and this is what they did.

F is hand-sewing a clutch-bag, complete with a zip (I can't do zips, so I'm always impressed when someone can) using a charm square pack that she fell in love with and just had to buy. I think we can all relate to that, can't we?






J started by making a needlecase after I showed her one that I had made a few days before.










Then she used my Go! Cutter to cut out loads of hexagons, and laid them out like this to see what they would look like as a table topper,







and, as if that wasn't enough, she then started on a mug rug.  This is going to have a little pocket to hold a serviette.  I just loved the fabric she is using for it.






As for me, I bet you're all wondering what I did, aren't you?  Well, after a very bad night (less than 2 hours sleep) and an early morning visit to the doctor for my annual diabetes blood test, where the nurse tried and failed five times to get any blood, I was tired and so the sum total of what I did was  ... nothing.  Zilch.  Nada. I did manage to do lots of talking and eating though and had a great day.  So that's why I said it was a busy day for some!

8 comments:

  1. I've been peeking in over your shoulder! :-)

    Whether you sewed a stitch I know you had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From another non sleeper...
    I hope you're feeling up to creating something soon. It's always good to have a get together and a gossip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh well if you had sewn anything, you might had made a mistake due to lack of sleep, this way at least you had a good time with friends without unpicking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure sounds like you had a rough go of it. Sometimes I have more fun just chatting and helping friends, rather than working on projects.

    Hope you have a few good nights to make up for your bad night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure sounded like you did a lot and had a good time doing it. I hope you caught up on your sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sure had a bad night but sounds like you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were busy, loved all your projects

    ReplyDelete
  8. great projects. Love the fresh modern fabrics in the checkered board block.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so please do leave them and wherever possible I will reply to you by email.

09 10