Wednesday 23 April 2014

Of Men and Quilts ...

... Rewind about 3 weeks, and the conversation between Mr Fixit and I went like this:

Me: We're going on holiday in about 3 weeks, do you need any new clothes like shirts? (which can be roughly translated as "We're going on holiday in 3 weeks, you need to buy some new shirts").

Mr F: OK I'll think about it.

All quiet on the shirt front until last Monday at about 10 pm,  when Mr F comes out of his study and proudly announces: I've ordered some new shirts.

Me: Do you think they'll be delivered in time, considering we're going on Friday? (rough translation: It's too late, they won't arrive by Thursday)

Mr F: Hmm.

So today I went out and bought him some new shirts!

So on to the quilts part of the title.

Here is Tubix as a flimsy, which is also going to be a pattern once I've written it up and it's been tested - any volunteers?
Edited 24 April:  Thanks so much everyone, I now have enough people who volunteered to test this pattern for me.

I've called it Tubix because it looks like square tubes and sort of reminds me of the Rubix Cube.





Also, it occurred to me that I haven't shown you my (unfinished) version of Colour Boxes that I wrote about here, so here it is




17 comments:

  1. I'd like to have a go at Tubix, looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH...I would so love to test it but I am soooooooooooooo busy....I am frothing...so want too....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh love the quilt Tubix. I may like to play and test your pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MEN!!!!!!
    Love both those quilts and am dying to know how you are going to quilt them. Yes of course I'll do some testing if you want, especially Colour Boxes. When and where are you holidaying? Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahaha!! Typical man, Mr. Fixit is...nothing like putting things (especially buying clothes) off until it's no longer necessary!! Got to tell ya I was really laughing, sounds like a conversation I'd have with my other half!!

    Iffin' you are in need of pattern testers, love to do it! Very cool design!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you have a restful and fun vacation. I love the names you are coming up with for your quilts; really cute. Tubix is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got a giggle about your conversation with Mr. Fixit. If it were me, I would have just let him either go without shirts or pack what he has in his closet. A time or two of not liking what he's wearing and I'm sure he would make sure to buy new shirts. LOVE Tubix!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that`s men for you, say no more. Love the tubfix, if only I had the skills to test for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd never buy shirts for my hubby as he wouldn't wear what I chose. No matter what I chose. Sigh... If you need any more testers I'm willing to start a new quilt - just for your. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tubix looks great! I'd love to have a go but sewing time is very limited just now. Hope you have a lovely holiday.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Am intrigued by the tubix quilt top. Would love to test a baby quilt size if you have varied sizes in your pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The colors of both quilts are fabulous. Great quilts! I won't volunteer to test, as I haven't made a quilt in over a year. I don't think you'll have a shortage of testers though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like them both but especially the Tubix one. If you need homes for any of them we've got space ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Men!!!! But then I'm very impressed he ordered any at all! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. If you didn't live on the other side of the ocean, I'd swear we were married to the same man. We just came back from vacation and I went through the same conversation. The only difference was that he insisted that 2 of his shirts with stains right in the front, were fine, "No one will notice, but you."

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think all men are just about the same....no matter how old or where they live! I'm impressed about him ordering himself but not surprised he procrastinated so long that they wouldn't be delivered in time for vacation. Now, if that had been car parts, golf stuff, fishing stuff or any other things that they would really be interested in, there would have been no waiting around! Gotta love em! Anyway, onto the other important items like quilting! I like both of them..I love the cubed one but like both and love the colors too. Have fun on vacation!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so please do leave them and wherever possible I will reply to you by email.

09 10