(This book is published by Martingale Publications, and all the photography shown is by Brent Kane.)
Simply Modern Christmas by Cindy Lammon, has some great patterns which will allow you to dress your house for Christmas. It includes 14 projects ranging from bed quilts and wall hangings, to Christmas Stockings and a table runner and a tree skirt.
Although most of the patterns are shown in traditional Christmas colours, ie red and green, I think they would all work in other colours for other times of the year. Imagine this one, for example,
made up with that special fabric you can't bear to cut up, and this one, with its many pieces, would make a fantastic I-spy quilt for children.
As I would expect from any book published by Martingale, the instructions are very clear and each pattern has many diagrams. I also enjoyed the photography in this book. Each quilt is shown in a styled shot (I love the Christmas tree they used on the front cover too) and as a full-face shot so you can see exactly what you are getting into before you start.
My favourite project? This Christmas Tree skirt, which I might just have to make before I put my tree up this year.
Now, I think I may have mentioned a giveaway in the title of this post? Well, Martingale Publications are offering an e-book version of this book to one of you. All you have to do is leave a comment below telling me what colours you use to decorate for Christmas.
The giveaway small print:
1. This giveaway is open to everybody, wherever you live, BUT please remember to make sure I can contact you if you are the winner.
2. If you are a no-reply person, you will not be entered unless you leave an email address in your comment as I will not be able to get in touch with you. (Note, if you are a Google+ person, you will be no-reply).
3. This giveaway will also be available on the Yorkshire Modern Quilters' blog.
4. The giveaway will close next Saturday, 25 October.
5. The winner will be selected using Mr Random Generator.