Tuesday 8 September 2015

Talent ...

... I've got some very talented friends that I'm going to boast about.

Firstly, You all remember Naughty Nancie, who I met when I was staying with Lovely Lynn in California two years ago? (Two years?  Where has the time gone? How can it be two years?) Anyway, back to topic in hand. Well, during the Country Charmer quiltalong (Pattern by Lynn, quiltalong run by Leslie) Naughty Nancie and I had a little private challenge going on, which you can read about here.  Nancie entered her unquilted top in a competition, The Better Homes & Gardens, American Patchwork & Quilting, Handi Quilter Big Finish Sweepstakes and from over 500 entries, Nancie was one of the four winners.  The prize was to spend time at HandiQuilter on a very special retreat where they got to actually long-arm quilt their entries. Nancie is back home now and has shared some of her experiences on her blog, here. I'm not jealous. Nope, not at all, the green shade on my face is just reflection from my sweater. Here's a picture of the unquilted top, which I have shamelessly stolen from her blog without asking her permission.
I'm looking forward to seeing the finished quilt now. Come on NN, you've been home a week, surely it must be bound, labelled (and on it's way to me as a surprise present) by now?

My other talented friend that I thought I'd give a shout out to is Lovely Lynn herself.  Lynn was a guest on The Quilt Show a while ago, and they loved her so much they asked her to do a teaching series based on her Patchwork Math book.  You can find the details about her classes here.  They are available free, to anyone and will be there for ever and ever. Lynn's classes are aimed at taking the fear out of the maths that can be involved, and they are great. 

Congratulations to both of you for being so clever.

13 comments:

  1. I am so happy for these two! I have been watching Lynn's videos and enjoying them immensely! And Nncy's award is fabulous! What a winning duo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tree quilt will be a wonderful piece to display during the Christmas holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you do have talented friends, love that quilt of NN's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done to your two special friends who are both extrememly talented as you say. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh La La! Wonderful beautiful quilts! Nice to have such talented friends. Thanks for giving me the links.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the "shout out" Sue! I'm so happy for Nancy! What fun for her to spend time at HandiQuilter. To be selected from 500 entries is quite an honor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! I've been at work all day and came home this evening to such wonderful words, from my very precious friends! Thank you for recognizing my work, my great fortune and mostly for remembering those forever precious days that we were all able to spend together. If my wallet could handle it, it would not have already been 2 years since I last got to see both you and Lynn. I love you both, more than you can imagine! Friends that you can actually be yourself with, tease and laugh with 'til the tears run down your legs don't come along every day. I am so blessed to know you... & to continue our friendship no matter how many miles and oceans separate us. I open your blog and I know I am still remembered because of that little bear in your header who snuck into your luggage when you weren't looking! His brother is right here with me this very moment! You can steal anything, anytime you want from my blog with no shame whatsoever. If it weren't for quilting...if it weren't for blogging...if it weren't for the tremendous talent of you and Lynn, my life would be so much less rich than it is today. You both give me support and courage every day and you don't even know it!
    Love you and miss you so, so much! And don't forget to take your hat when you go outside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and yes...if I could have just had you girls at the retreat with me it would have been complete perfection...although we would likely have been the recipients of some very disapproving looks from the instructors!

      Delete
    2. and no...the quilt isn't bound yet! I came home to a DIL in the hospital and work...and more work...and kids who decided it was time to visit their Mama! It's been a revolving door around here!

      Delete
  8. What a sweet post! I was the lucky one to meet Nancie while at Handi Quilter! Wish we would have had more time, but paths cross in strange ways through life, so I'm sure it will again :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. a talented lady. Thanks for the link too for lots of useful info for beginners like me

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore that quilt, I hope to see it in the magazine.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so please do leave them and wherever possible I will reply to you by email.

09 10