My entry is Wimbledon Squares, and I apologise to my regular visitors who have seen this quilt recently, as I have shown it on my blog before. It is a large quilt, so it's not easy to get a good photograph, which is why I am showing several. I tried hanging it outside, but it was a windy day, so that wasn't one of my brighter ideas, as you can see in these next two photos.
I bet you are now all agog to hear about why this quilt was called Wimbledon Squares, aren’t you? No? Well, I’ll tell you anyway. I had a jelly roll which I had bought some time ago, just because I loved the colours of the fabrics. Then last year, I was sitting watching the Wimbledon tennis matches, and playing on my computer at the same time, and I decided it was time to use that jelly roll. This is the design that I came up with. I finished the top, and loved it so much that I couldn’t wait to get it on the frame and quilt it. Well, I had to wait! Unfortunately, after getting it pinned on, and deciding how I wanted to quilt it, my robot decided it had had enough, and refused to start! This was a disaster. Mr Fixit poked and prodded with technical things like screwdrivers, test meters, etc, and pronounced it dead! The board/chip/something-or-other had burnt out. There then followed some discussion about what to do now, during which time the top was taken off the frame, the frame put away, the robot sworn at, and so on, before I ordered a new robot from the US. I was actually quite excited about this as I had wanted this one for quite a while. I had to wait several weeks for it to arrive, then Mr Fixit set it all up in about an hour. Wimbledon Squares was put back on and off I went.
There is just one final photo. This is how close I was to running out of fabric for the binding and I did not have more than a couple of inches of any of the jelly roll strips left either!