Saturday 12 January 2013

Lone Star Parade today ...

... so far it's a very small parade.  There's Jayne, me and one other person, but for people in the States it's still quite early so hopefully the parade will grow.

I have been playing around with quilting ideas, and have just sent Jayne a diagram of how I think it'll be quilted.  Of course, that could (and, knowing me, almost certainly will) change before I get Big Bertha out to play!  My regular visitors won't be surprised to hear that feathers will feature quite heavily. The quilt measures approx 88" x 106", if I remember rightly, and the quilting design will involve about 15000 linear inches of quilting.  Since I normally do not go for heavy quilting, that seems quite a lot for me, and I hope I don't get to regret it.  Mind you, one layout I had worked out at almost double that!

Don't forget, this parade is open to anyone, whether you joined us last year on the quiltalong or not and whether you made it yourself, or are just the lucky owner.  We just want to see pictures of beautiful Lone Star quilts.  (Don't forget, there might be a giveaway too.) So, please send a picture of your quilt to Jayne, and she will add it to the parade on her blog.  To send your picture, go to Jayne's blog, here, click on the "view full profile" on her sidebar, and there you will find a link to her email address.

6 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful quilt....good luck with the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this quilt and can't wait to see it quilted! Sorry I'm late on parade. I've been busy today and haven't had time to photograph my unfinished Lone Star but will try to do that in the morning. Happy Birthday for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got back from the parade, and the quilts are amazing! Looks like there will be some more entries, so I'll have to remember to go back. I can't wait to see how you quilt yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Lone Star is lovely...well done, Sue!!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful quilt looking forward to seeing how you quilt it.
    off to see the parade and other ones, thanks !
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Lone Star is fabulous! Yay you!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so please do leave them and wherever possible I will reply to you by email.

09 10