Tuesday 22 November 2011

One day last week ...

... J and F came over for a playday, and just look at what they did:
F set to work making coasters, and I love the fabrics she chose.








J started this table topper, which she finished off at home.








She must have enjoyed making it, cos she's started another one.








As well as becoming a brilliant quiltmaker my the way, J also bakes fantastic cakes, and we enjoyed a wonderful coffee cake this time, sorry, it's all gone so no photos of that!

They both also wanted to say thanks so much to the people who generously sent some markers for them to try.  They will be playing with those and have promised to report back through my blog soon.

14 comments:

  1. What a fun time. And yummy baked goods, too! That's my kind of day. I'm baking tomorrow, so my house should smell yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect time to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those coasters are so quick and fun - great gifts. I don't bake, so have some yummies for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to know the name of the pattern of the larger table topper! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Sue, I just love making those little coasters. You just reminded me to get my Christmas coasters out and start using them for the holidays! My quilt guild made those and passed out to people that came to our quilt show one year. The public loved them....The blocks look great! I love working with Christmas fabric. The table toppers are going to be so pretty. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so pretty! Love the coasters and table topper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like it was a great time! Lots of creativity in your group of friends. Some great projects and also love your turkey sidebars!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun day! Just what were you doing while they were getting all this done?? lol Probably recuperating from all you got done last week!!! That was impressive!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful things they are making. Love everything I see.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had lots of fun! PS...love your turkey background :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had a lovely day - quilting and cake! I know that your friends have a very good teacher, but they are turning out some really good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Quilting, friends, and food. What could make the day better? I love the projects. I hope J enjoys the markers. Remember they have to be washed out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a fun play date. The projects are great.
    great background

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fun, thanks for sharing! Love the projects the gals are doing!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so please do leave them and wherever possible I will reply to you by email.

09 10