Saturday 2 June 2012

Lone Star QAL day - post 5

Well, I'm home now from the teaparty.  Thank you Alice for such a lovely party.

I will tell you that I had quite decided to do the layout on the RHS, in the middle row.  Then, Ms Sand & Sunshine sent me this link, and that set me off thinking, so back I went to play with EQ7.  Then Lynn from Sew'n Wild Oaks sent me this link.  Now, I think I am going to go back to the original plan of having some large white areas where I can hopefully let Big Bertha loose to do some wonderful quilting.  Honestly, I could have had the top finished if I hadn't spent so much time procrastinating/prevaricating/equivocating.

There's not going to be any more Lone Star-ing for me this evening.  My DS and his family are here.  Little Person is now in bed, and you'll never guess what film his parents and grandparents are watching.  The Wizard of Oz, that's what!  Last time they were here, I mentioned that I had never seen this film, and nor, it turned out, had my DDIL.  So, knowing they were coming up this weekend, my son bought a copy of it, and now here we are, 4 quite grown-up people, sitting watching it.

Bye for tonight everyone, thanks for joining Jayne and I today.  I must say that even though I have gone backwards, I really feel as though I have achieved something today.

11 comments:

  1. HI QS!
    Speaking of parties...I host the next CQAL...can you give me the date so I can get working on it! Thanks!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I wish I could be watching it with you! I remember watching that so many times when I was growing up. Those flying monkeys are quite scary! Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grow-ups watching the Wizard of Oz, you must be tuned in to crazy other realm movies lately.

    Sounds like a very positive day. Besides sometimes a quilt needs time to stew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful weekend! Glad you have a plan for the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure you had a lovely evening of movie watching with your family. I remember being terrified of the flying monkeys as a child. I think Bertha could handle some fancy quilting for you quite nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure you had a lovely evening of movie watching with your family. I remember being terrified of the flying monkeys as a child. I think Bertha could handle some fancy quilting for you quite nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. W of Oz is on TV here every year during the holidays, so it's very popular. Hope you enjoyed it, although it's not one of my favorites. But I do love your Lone Star. Whatever your layout, it will be an outstanding quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Wizard of Oz. Looking forward to seeing your finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Didn't the flying monkey's freak you out?!!?!?! It's what nightmares are made of!

    I thought you would be partying with the Queen!! You've been in my thoughts as I see the news coverage.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so interested in that Homesteader machine - I have never seen one like that before. Is it very old?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, ok, just change your plans on me. How did you like the Wizard of Oz? Urban legend says a person was hung during the filming of the flying monkeys but they didn't know how to edit it out in the old days and it was too hard to re-film the scene.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so please do leave them and wherever possible I will reply to you by email.

09 10