Monday 2 September 2013

One down ...

... one to go, as they say.  I've completely finished my blue 3D Noughts and Crosses This is the sample quilt for my class at Quilting in the Garden 
I love this quilt,  but it really needs a name.  Any suggestions anyone? I did think of Blueberry Something-or-other, but I'm a bit stuck really.

The other quilt, which will be either be called Raspberry Ruffles or Chocolate Cherries (hmm, funny how many of my quilts seem to have names associated with food isn't it?) is now half made as you can see.
This won't go any further at the moment, as I will be using the rest as examples during the class.  The next time you see this will be when I am back home again and have it completely finished.

The fabrics for both of these quilts have very generously been supplied by Oakshott Fabrics.  They have some gorgeous fabrics, and they also photograph them far better than I do, so you get more of the effect of the colour variations on their website.  Thank you Oakshott Fabrics.

My friend/hostess, Lynn, is also teaching at the show, but her class is very nearly full, so if you are thinking of signing up, don't delay too long or you might miss out all together.

Oh, and just look at this

(I stole the photo from Lynn's blog, hope she doesn't mind).  This bear was spotted out for a stroll very close to her cabin the other day.  I'm going to have to buy some running shoes I think.  Lynn sent me the photo, and I think she could probably hear me screaming all the way across the ocean.  Scary things, big brown bears!

8 comments:

  1. Your quilts are beautiful! I like the blueberry idea! But keep it away from that bear...bears love berries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilts. The berry theme is nice. And Lesley's advice is wise. The citizen's here are friendly, but I'm not sure about the bears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure the bear looks scary, but I wouldn't get too close.
    How about Blueberry Swirl for the quilt, especially as you quilted it with bubbles or perhaps Blueberry Fizz, now that I've talked about bubbles. Thanks for the name for mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your quilts and the berry theme for the names! Chocolate Cherries sounds good for the second one or maybe Chocolate Covered Strawberries. The first quilt looks like Blueberry Swirl Ice Cream. Then the quilting could be done in swirls. Lovely quilts! Thank you for sharing and Happy Teaching. I will be missing out due to other commitments.

    Have a super great sewing and stitching day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found my thrill ..on blueberry hill
    On blueberry hill ...when I found you
    The moon stood still...on blueberry hill
    And lingered until ...my dreams came true

    I like - Thrill on Blueberry Hill - for the quilt name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue, we can have a Teddy Bear picnic when you are here! I can't wait....three week from today we will finally meet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How about blueberry garden lattice. Raspberry garden lattice.
    Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny thing. When I first looked at your quilt I saw spool blocks! I thought of the name "No Spoolin" since they really are not spool blocks, but that is what I see..no foolin!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so please do leave them and wherever possible I will reply to you by email.

09 10