Friday 15 May 2009

Where have I been?

You may well ask. I have been here all the time, but I have had a chest infection which has meant I really haven't felt like doing anything at all for the past week. Today I am feeling better. I have just discovered a really cool little gadget to add to my blog called Weather Pixie. Isn't she great? Her clothes change with the weather reports, which I think is really clever.

In my last post I said that I had started my bargello quilt. I got about three quarters of the top done before I got this chest thing, and I hope to finish it next Monday when I am going to Mrs PennyPot's for a sewing day. I don't think I will ever make another bargello quilt. There are LOTS of seams. The smallest piece is about 1" by 1" and the biggest is 3 1/2" by 3". That's a lot of pieces and a lot of seams to press. Still, it is a pattern I had wanted to try for a long time.

There are no photos on this posting because our camera has decided to play up. I hope it's nothing too serious, but when it's turned on, the viewing screen shows very wavey images and when you take the picture, it doesn't come out. Oh dear, time to look for a new camera I think.

The Husband was exhibiting a model at the model engineering exhibition in Harrogate last week. I was also going to put a photo here of the model, but the camera problems have put the kybosh on that too.

Due to all the computer problems we have had recently, we have now decided to take out some "insurance" against losing all our data and software again, so we have just bought an external hard disc which has enough memory to divide into 3 so we can keep backing up all 3 computers on to it. Hopefully, that way if we ever have to do factory resets on any of them again, it will be straightforward to then restore the software and the data.

I have recently been asked to write the pattern for my Leaves Around the Cabins quilt, and I have started it, but feeling like I have done has meant that anything I have written is suspect as I just couldn't seem to concentrate or think straight - no comments thank you - so I guess I'd better have another coffee and get back to doing that now.

2 comments:

  1. Oh you poor love, didn't realise you had not been well.

    Good luck with the Bargello, something I often think of trying and then when I consider all those seams . . . . I am sure yours will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry that you've been not feeling well. I hope your feeling better everyday.
    Love that weather pixie. :-)
    Good luck with your pattern writing.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so please do leave them and wherever possible I will reply to you by email.

09 10