Monday 20 January 2014

She's already a star ....

.... but soon she's going to be an even bigger star.  Who?  Why Lovely Lynn from Sew'n Wild Oaks of course.

Lynn is going to be appearing on The Quilt Show talking about her Patchwork Math system. If you haven't heard of it, Lynn has produced a reference manual, called Patchwork Math,

which contains all the basic equations for making various components (ie HST's, square in a square, etc) and also for changing sizes so you could design your own blocks easily.

She taught this class for the first time at the Quilting in the Garden show last summer and Alex Anderson got to hear about it.  Lynn was teaching this class again last Saturday and Alex Anderson herself sat in to see how it could fit into a segment of the show.  I rather think Lynn had butterflies (or flying geese as Naughty Nancy said) but she obviously did a great job cos it's now official and the news can be shared - pheww, keeping this secret has not been easy.  Lynn will be filmed in June of this year, but the show won't go out until 2015.  That gives you plenty of time to make sure your subscription to the show is up to date so you don't miss Lynn becoming a great big STAR.
Congratulations Lynn, this is a well-deserved recognition, and I couldn't be happier for you.

12 comments:

  1. Ah, we all knew she could do it - now we can say 'we knew her when'!! I am so thrilled for Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making me blush Sue! Thank you for your post. ~~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Lynn. I have so wanted to take her class and now I can without a cross country trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo!!! I am so excited for Lynn. What an amazing opportunity. She will do great,as she always does.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice for Lynn. You'll have all of your blogging friends tuned in, for sure. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are all so happy for Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's a great big WOW. I used to be able to watch Simply Quilts on pay TV, but they took it off and I do miss it. Was the main the main reason we actually got it, but now I also enjoy it for other things too. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very happy for Lynn and well deserved ! Very proud of her .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow....but when you say Math...I automatically shut down. I know...I need math to do patterns but it is not my best suit!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lynn has such great friends and cheerleaders. Love your write up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Job HRH! You got in all the important & informative points! Sure wish we could both be there doing the happy dance with her! Hmm...what a vision that would be...I doubt there'd be a bear around for miles after that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats! Sounds like a great book!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so please do leave them and wherever possible I will reply to you by email.

09 10