Sunday 19 July 2009

Quiet Times.

Perhaps I should rename my blog as Quiet Times!

I haven't been doing any quilting recently, I've been far too tired, but I have been reading about it! I got the latest issue of Quilters Newsletter last week. Am I the only one who thinks it has gone right downhill in both quality and quantity? On the other hand, I also bought a new book, called Legacy which I have just started. It is the story of a quilter from Alabama who made between 200 - 300 quilts during her lifetime. The book has been written by her granddaughter, and has lots of factual stuff about her grandmother's life and about her quilts. Just the sort of book I enjoy. I was amazed too at the speed with which I received the book. Amazon did not have it in stock, but several of their partner stores did. I ordered from one of them on Thursday evening, it was posted to me on Friday, and I got it Saturday. Amazon aren't that quick! Anyway, I'm off now to read some of it.

Hope you're all having a good weekend?

7 comments:

  1. I'll have to check this one out. Sounds like an interesting book. Sorry you're too tired to quilt, but at least you're reading about quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't say you are tired because you do too much, it would be a case of "black, pot, kettle: re-arrange into a well-known phrase or saying"

    Interesting to see your comment on QNM - gave it up about 4 years ago because I was sick of seeing the same things over and over again, had been considering re-subscribing . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have just allowed my subscription to QNM expire....I found I was seeing the same things, disquised a little, but not enough!
    Do you think that a little two year old could be the reason you are so tired this weekend? After all you have been playing with him a lot lately VBG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers Granny, if both you & Sue are finding QNM a bit tired right now I'll give it a miss. (Recommend anything else??)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I certainly won't be renewing my subscription. The last straw for me was when they changed to 2-monthly instead of monthly issues, without telling anyone beforehand. The paper is more akin to newspaper now and the content is way less than it used to be. I know "times is 'ard", but they are really not helping themselves.

    I too would be interested in anyone's recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I check the issues at the store before I buy. I don't have many subscriptions left. There is so much available online these days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a really interesting book, Sue.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so please do leave them and wherever possible I will reply to you by email.

09 10