Saturday 7 November 2009

Wanna see what I've been doing?

I've been playing, and here is the little number I knocked together this afternoon:

Do you like it?  I used my Go! Cutter to cut all the tumblers, and it took me less than 10 minutes to have 50 tumbler shapes cut!  It's a brilliant toy, and I love the accuracy as well as the ease of using it.  I got mine from my friend  at Asding.  (It's not on the website, but they are easy to contact!)  I thought I'd tell you all that, as it is not available anywhere else in the UK, and Christmas is coming!

Anyway, as you will know, I do not "do" scrappy, in fact I don't even like scrappy normally, but there are exceptions and this is one of them.  I really, really like it.  Please don't ask me what it is though.  It started as a table topper, but grew!  It might well grow some more too.  I think the part that took longest was going through my stash for Christmas fabrics, then I made no attempt to match them up, I just jumbled the shapes up and had to use whatever came to hand next, unless it was the same as the one next to it.

Now, what is it going to be?

14 comments:

  1. LOVE you new quilt!! Now what is a GO! Cutter?....I think tomorrow's post should be you using it for us with lots of pics!! What do you think?
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paulette is right - more details of amazing new toy please {giggle}.

    I am getting tired seeing how much you are doing at present, but I am also getting worried - that is extremely scrappy by QuiltSue standards - well done that girl, very proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a pretty scrap project! I love the tumbler pattern. And look at all those different fabrics! I agree with Paulette -- I'd love to see a demonstration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it too and I was just thinking the other day it might be time for another tumbler -- I've made two tops already with my GO but haven't quilted either of them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SueP's that so cool. I really like it. I didn't know you were so unscrappy I guess I'm learning new things about you all the time. It looks great so keep breaking out of those habits!
    Abs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it.
    It could be a big table topper. Or even a full table cloth

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seeing as I decided you could give the DNP to Dad as a Christmas gift, how about making this one up into a lap quilt for your sister?

    Of course, if you do that they'll all want one, hmm, you could be a bit busy in the next six weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Since several of you have asked, I will try and do a photo-demonstration of the cutter later this afternoon, so watch this space, as they say.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I saw it I did think "yikes, does she know she's done a scrappy top????", but it's looking good {{{tremble ... it's contagious!}}}. It looks like the blocks are very accurate and have gone together nicely, I too have been very tempted by the cutter, they've got a very nice website if people want more info http://www.accuquilt.com. I saw it on The Quilt Show, Ricky & Alex are fans!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oops, sorry, I should have warned those viewers with a nervous disposition to look away, quickly! I think I first saw it on the Quilt Show too, and then went digging, and, as we all know, I like gadgets!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, my "About Me" section confesses to being a gadget addict, so that explains everything LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! Scrappy isn't so bad, now is it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is my first visit to your blog - what lovely work you do! I enjoyed the pictures of your quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it, Sue! Very scrappy....I didn't know you didn't care for scrappy either...But actually, looking at your quilts, you like CONTROLLED scrappy!

    I also have a hard time doing the pure scrappy.

    I have seen the go cutters - pretty cool and enjoy your new toy!

    Bari

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so please do leave them and wherever possible I will reply to you by email.

09 10