We're almost there now, but I'm going to give her a few minutes to just finish baking those wonderful almond biscuits (recipe on her blog here) before we arrive, so I'll tell you a few interesting facts about her home area.
- The X Files (starring Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny) and Intersection (with the gorgeous Richard Gere,) were filmed here.
- Kim Cattrall and Pamela Anderson were both born on Vancouver Island.
- There is a very strong British tradition, to the food of the area. If you have time while we're here you could enjoy a beer, lager or stout in one of the many breweries and pubs or, for something more elegant,why not go for afternoon tea which includes freshly baked scones, and unique tea blends.
- At this time of year, many restaurants organise mushroom hunts for their customers, and then create wonderful dishes using the treasures found during the hunts. Seaweed tours are also popular.
The temperature this afternoon is expected to go up to 20C, which is just perfect in my opinion.
Now, I think the biscuits are ready now, so let's hurry over to Paulette's, where she will give you another chance to win a copy of the book, but just before you go, here is the tour itinerary again:
- Wed 24 Aug - Hazel's Quilts (the giveaway was won by Janet)
- Thurs 25 Aug - Quilt Hollow (the giveaway was won by Kristen)
- Fri 26 Aug - Silver Thimble (giveaway open until Wed 31 August)
- Saturday - Magnolia Bay Quilts (giveaway open until 5pm Central Time on Tuesday 30 August)
- Sun 28 Aug - Bejewelled Quilts by Barb (giveaway open until Fri 3 Sep)
- Mon 29 Aug - Insights from SewCalGal (giveaway open until Sun 4 Sep)
- Tues 30 Aug - Sew'n Wild Oaks (giveaway open until Sat 3 Sep)
- Today - Sweet P Quilting
- Thurs 1 Sep - Quilting Prolifically
- Fri 2 Sep - Cotton Cocktails