Sunday 1 November 2009

Halloween and Disappearing 9-Patches

I hope you all survived Halloween?  We had about 50 visitors, and I was impressed by the costumes.  Every child was dressed up, and so were quite a few of the parents.  Also, every child said thank you when I gave them some chocolate, and some even wished us a Happy Halloween.  How sweet is that?

I have spent today making 9-Patch blocks in red, green and 2 shades of gold, as I am making a Disappearing 9-patch quilt as a Christmas quilt.  I have seen some absolutely stunning versions of this pattern (and some less-than-stunning versions too.)  so I sat down and worked out how to do it, drew it up on the computer and played around till I had a layout I liked.  This is a really quick and easy pattern and in just a couple of hours I have made 2 rows of a top that will have 8 rows.  I have everything cut out, and more blocks made, but I haven't put them into rows yet.  Tomorrow I will add more rows and then post a picture.  I have decided I love this pattern, and can see myself making more quilts with the DNP in the future.

6 comments:

  1. I love this pattern too....can't wait to see your version!! ;o)
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing the pictures. We only had one group of 4 kiddies last night, all nicely made up (little one's mask kept falling down 'cos it was too big - bless!), so we had to finish the chocs today ... what a hardship LOL! My little group were very polite as well, I suspect we shouldn't believe everything we read about today's yoof.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had fewer than 20 children come by. Darn, now I have to eat all that leftover candy!

    I can't wait to see your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love DNP too! Such a versatile pattern :o) Only had 2 groups knock on the door, They looked great, and were polite too. So much chocolate left over, I think my DD will be taking it to school for her friends! Then I won't feel tempted to eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every time I come to your blog and see your favorite quilt I want to make one too. Love those Fall colors. Your little pet birds are so cute. I made a couple of chickens kind of the same pattern but no feet hanging down. I know what you mean about not posting. Right now I still have old quilts to take pictures of and post. But eventually I will be out of already made quilts and I will be forced to finish others so I will have something to blog about. Love it tho since I get to meet so many wonderful quilters through blogs.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so please do leave them and wherever possible I will reply to you by email.

09 10