Monday 15 July 2013

Christmas QAL (Monday) ...

... is over again for another month, but I wanted to thank Happy Hazel for being such a wonderful hostess, and Grumpy George for doing his bit too.  By the way, I think I know why he looked so grumpy.  I reckon that Hazel really did make some eggnog, and then made George drink it!

Next month our hostess will be Joanna, so don't forget to visit her on the second weekend of August.  I know I've already marked it on my calender.



Also, I have a message for Elaine S, who left a lovely message on this post on my blog and also left me a message on Lynn's blog yesterday.  Elaine, I can't reply to you as you are a no-reply commenter and I don't have an email address for you, but thank you so very much for your welcoming comments, they are very much appreciated.

Now I'm off to work on my Christmas challenge (you know, the one that someone said could not include red or green fabric?) for an hour.

4 comments:

  1. Hazel was a super hostess. Eggnog is really delicious stuff; it's thick and creamy and smells wonderful. Here people even use it to make cakes and breads. It's not usually in the stores this early, but maybe by the time you are in the U.S. Lynn will be able to buy some and let you try it. With a drop of brandy; even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, what a great time we had! Sounds like your challenge of a Christmas quilt without using red or green has indeed become a challenge. Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I said I chickened out of egg not, everyone says how fab it is!! I might give you a mission to bring me some back when you're with Lynn later in the year.

    Only if you can bear to drag yourself away from her fabulous quilts. I'm quite jealous that you will get to see them in the flesh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be there next month just a little more than this one, with hopefully I bit more done.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so please do leave them and wherever possible I will reply to you by email.

09 10